Vacuum interrupter, also known as the vacuum switch tube, is the core component of the medium-high voltage power switch. The main function of vacuum interrupter is to make the medium and high voltage circuit cut off the power supply of the vacuum arc extinguishing chamber of ceramic shell through the excellent insulation of the vacuum inside the tube, which can quickly extinguish the arc and suppress the current, so as to avoid accidents and accidents.
High insulating strength: In comparison to various other insulating media used in circuit breaker vacuum is a superior dielectric medium. It is better than all other media except air and SF6, which are employed at high pressure.
The above two properties make the breakers more efficient, less bulky and cheaper in cost. Their service life is also much greater than any other circuit breaker, and almost no maintenance are required.
1. The arc extinguishing time is short, the arc voltage is low, the arc energy is small, the contact loss is small, and the breaking times are many.
2. The inertia of the moving guide rod is small, which is suitable for frequent operation.
3. The operating mechanism is small, the overall volume is small, and the weight is light.
4. The control power is small, and the action noise is small during switch operation.
5. The arc extinguishing medium or insulating medium does not use oil, so there is no danger of fire and explosion.
Strictly control the load current.
The overload capacity of vacuum circuit breaker is poor. Since thermal insulation is formed between the contact and the shell of the vacuum circuit breaker, the heat on the contact and the conductive rod is mainly transmitted along the conductive rod. In order to make the operating temperature of the vacuum circuit breaker not exceed the allowable value, its working current must be strictly limited to be lower than the rated current.