● Vacuum contactor primarily consists of a vacuum interrupter and an operating mechanism. Vacuum interrupter has two functions: frequently interrupting the operating current and extinguishing the arc reliably through the normal operating current.
● Vacuum contactor consists of an insulating power frame, metal base, drive arm, electromagnetic system, auxiliary switch, and vacuum switch tube
● Vacuum contactor has strong arc extinguishing ability, good pressure resistance performance, high operating frequency, and long service life
● Increase in automation and rise in urbanization has boosted the demand for motors, capacitors, switchgear, transformers, etc. This is expected to drive the demand for vacuum contactors.
Key Drivers of Global Vacuum Contactors Market
● Demand for vacuum contactors has been increasing across the globe owing to rise in automation and industrialization. Demand for electricity is high due to increase in population across the globe. This is also driving the global vacuum contactors market.
● Increase in distribution networks and modernization of existing power infrastructure are also anticipated to boost the demand for vacuum contactors during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
● The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted the entire value chain of the vacuum contactors market. The pandemic has hampered the supply of raw materials and labor in the market. Demand for vacuum contactors has been severely affected across the globe, owing to the several lockdown measures adopted by various countries to control the pandemic. Most manufacturers of vacuum contactors are striving to adopt new strategies to reform their business models.
● On September 10, 2019, ABB released a new vacuum contactor for switching electrical loads to the medium-voltage offering. This contactor is suited for a wide variety of applications requiring a high number of operations: motor starting and motor control centers, transformers, soft starters, and metal-enclosed capacitor banks.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Vacuum Contactors Market
● Based on region, the global vacuum contactors market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
● Asia Pacific dominated the global vacuum contactors market in 2019, owing to rise in urbanization and globalization in the region. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period due to increase in investments in the industrial sector, especially in countries such as China, India, and Japan.
● North America is estimated to hold large share of the global vacuum contactors market in the next few years. Increase in urbanization and electrification rate has boosted the demand for vacuum contactors in the region.
● The market in Europe is likely to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. High investments in the renewable sector and transmission & distribution infrastructure is estimated to propel the vacuum contactors market in the region.
● The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. The industrial sector in these regions has been developing significantly. This is projected to augment the demand for vacuum contactors in the near future.
Post time: Aug-05-2022